- 12 MONTH MATERNITY CONTRACT
- FULL TIME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
At Heart of England we believe in creating futures. Over several years we have created a curriculum model that resists gimmicks and short-term gains at the expense of real, deep learning. We offer learning at KS3, GCSE and A Level and our curriculum provision long ago moved away from routine lessons limited to Publisher, Powerpoint and Explorer!
We are looking for a Computer Science Teacher who is keen to:
- Have a voice within the department and contribute with ideas and
- Actively adjust lessons rather than passively deliver lesson after lesson without adaptation to the student needs.
- Build relationships with students and support students to be independent in their
- Challenge those who need stretching and support those who need additional input to support their progress.
- Happy to use their skills to teach a proportion of lessons in Creative iMedia at GCSE
At Heart of England we realise that our students can only thrive if our teachers thrive: a tired teacher with unnecessary or unproductive bureaucratic activities is unlikely to be that person. We try to create a blueprint for how to make the job manageable and enjoyable, driven by a culture of trust and underpinned by individual integrity. If you would like to see any of our policies before applying (e.g. our assessment policy) then please do ask.
The suitable candidate will want to contribute to the continuing development of the team and will be expected to teach Computer Science to all abilities across KS3 and some KS4. Some timetabled teaching of a Creative iMedia course will also be necessary. Previous experience of iMedia is not necessary as it lends itself well to the skills of an experienced Computer Science Teacher. Attached to this advert is a description that aims to give a flavour of what the experience of teaching at Heart of England would be like.
You will receive full support from the relevant Curriculum Leader both with lesson planning, delivery and classroom management.
If you think we sound like the kind of place where you’d enjoy working then please come and visit, call for a chat, click on our website or simply apply. How will you know if it’s right if you never apply?
Heart of England School is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe. The post holder is responsible for promoting and supporting a culture of vigilance with regard to safeguarding the welfare of the children, young people and vulnerable adults for whom she/he is responsible or come into contact with.
Job description, person specification, department details and application form downloadable from the TES website.
The process of application is as follows:
- Completed application form
- A letter outlining your suitability for the post
- Job Description (PDF)
- Person Specification (PDF)
- The Computer Science Department (PDF)
- Being Authentic at Interview (PDF)
- Application Form (Word)
- This Advert (PDF)
J Hughes-Williams, Principal
Heart of England School
Coventry CV7 7FW
Tel: 01676 536702
Closing date for applications
- Thursday 19 May 2022 (12.30pm)