In Religious Studies in year 7 you will study:
- The Jewish Patriarchs – you will study these key men and key events that started Judaism
- The life of Jesus – you will study key events in his life and his importance for Christians today
- The life of Prophet Muhammad – you will study key events in his life and his importance for Muslims today
- Being committed to a faith – you will study how Jews, Christians and Muslims join their religious communities and show their commitment to their religion
- Religion in art – you will study how art is used in Islam, Christianity and Hinduism as part of worship and in religious buildings
You will have 3 lessons of RS a fortnight, and you will get roughly two pieces of homework every half term.
In Religious Studies we love having discussions, debates and asking questions. A typical lesson will have key knowledge quizzes; exploring key beliefs and practices in religion and their importance for religious people; a chance to consider your own views about the topic; and plenty of opportunities to ask questions and be inquisitive.
Mr Haston and the Religious Studies Department