Issue 8: 04.11.2022
Coming Up This Week…
Sixth Form Open Evening: Wednesday 9 November 2022 6.00pm-8.00pm*
For Year 11 Students looking to join us for A Level studies from September 2023. Come and see what we have to offer and prepare for your future. Learn more about what you could study at the Sixth Form Courses Fair and tour the Sixth Form facilities. On Wednesday 9 November from 6.00pm till 8.00pm.
Clubs: Starting this Half Term
- Radio Club: Fusion Radio Club. Meeting on Tuesday lunchtime for planning and Thursday lunchtime for live broadcasting – music, chat and news. A chance for fun and maybe follow in the footsteps of former students who now work in radio and TV! Come along to try presenting or producing and learning how to run the studio. See Mr Ritchie in M215 studio.
- KS4 Book Club: If you’ve got a passion for reading and discovering new and exciting texts, come along to M124 on Tuesday lunchtime! We will select a book together on the first meet. Here you will learn how to express and articulate your thoughts and explore texts on a deeper level, as well as reading some great stories! Miss J Goodwin
- Poetry Club: Thursdays in M201 during lunch. Bring your own lunch and any poetry you’ve written. Still welcoming new comers so come along. Speak to Mr O’Brien for more details.
- Sports Clubs available during this half term: Monday: Badminton, all years- 3.30pm | Tuesday: Girls’ Football, all years – 3.30pm & Boys’ Football, Years 8, 9 & 10 – 3.30pm | Wednesday: Trampolining, all years- 3.30pm & Table Tennis, all years – 3.30pm | Thursday: Netball, all years – 3.30pm, Rugby, Years 7-8 – 3.30pm & Basketball, Year 10 – 3.30pm | Friday: Dance, Years 7-8 – Lunchtime & Hockey, all years -3.30pm
- Art Club: Year 7, Mondays 3:30-4:30 in M208. Sign up with Mrs Deakin (in M208) if you would like to attend. Limited to 30 places.
Poetry Competition: Poems for the Planet
Write any kind of poem be it a limerick, haiku or polished prose on the theme of hope and the environment for the Greenpeace Poems for the Planet competition, in collaboration with National Poetry Day. Enter one poem on the theme of the environment and hope. Any form of poetry up to 400 words. More info:
Submit your poem by midnight on 1 December 2022 using the online entry form.
Year 11 Mocks
The Year 11 GCSE mock exams continue this week.
English 3.30pm Lessons
Would you like a break from the tragedy that is Macbeth? Would you prefer to get some relief coaching on Language Paper 2 instead? Do you hate the ‘Triple Emphasis’? Extra coaching available every Thursday from 3.30pm to 4.30pm in M217. Feel free to bring snacks and get up-to speed on your Paper 2 skills. Any questions please see Mr Karimjee.
Year 11: Exam Preparation – Wellbeing and Anxiety Focus
Ms Troughton and Mrs Greenaway lunchtime session for Year 11 students who feel they would benefit from exam anxiety support. Session next half term in the run up to the Year 11 mocks. If you felt any barriers during Year 10 mocks, this session would benefit you and we encourage you to come along. To give and idea of numbers, please let your tutor know or see Mrs Greenaway at break or lunch to register your interest.
Year 11 History Revision Session: Tuesday 3.30pm-4.30pm
Mrs Hunt will be holding three History revision sessions on Tuesdays 3.30pm running up until the Mocks. Room M115. We will be revising in order the 1940s, the 1950s and the 1960s.