Issue 35: 23.06.2023
Coming Up This Week…
Year 13 Leavers’ Ball
- Year 13 Leavers’ Ball Wednesday 28 June
Year 10 and Year 12 Mocks: 26-30 June
- Mock exams take place during this week
New Catering Menus
Year 10 and Year 12 Practical Exams: 1-4 July
- Practical mock examinations will take place from 1-4 July.
- INSET Day (Professional Development Day): Friday 7 July 2023 – School Closed to Students
Autumn Term Bus Passes: available for purchase from the 10 July
- Sales for Autumn Term bus passes will be available to purchase on ParentPay from the 10 July at 5pm.
Rock ‘n’ Pop concert Thursday 13 July 7.00pm
Join us for performances by our talented students at the Open Mic Rock ‘n’ Pop event on 13 July. Tickets £3.00/£4.00 from TicketSource. Auditions (soloists, duets, bands…) Tuesday 20 June lunch time in H 001.
New Writing Competition!
Write a 100 word mini-saga with the title Unsolved. Big prizes to be won! See Miss Goodwin (M 124) or Ms Heselden (M 126) for
more details. Closing date: 21 July
Duke of Edinburgh’s Award – Bronze (Year 9)
The launch for new DofE Bronze programme for 2023-24 starts on Monday 12 June. Key dates are as follows:
- Initial application deadline: Monday 26 June
- Feedback emailed to students, final applications open: Monday 3 July
- Final applications, parental registration form and payment due: Monday 10 July
- Registration: w/b 17 July
- Training begins: Monday 11 September(7:30-9:00pm)
Any questions, please email Mr Nance (DofE Manager) – email@example.com
Year 9 and Year 7 boys attended the Solihull Athletics Super 6 event this week. Massive congratulations to the year 9 boys who won the whole event. Nathan, Matthew, Joel, Finlay, William, Cody. Stand out performance from Finley for winning the Javelin event and Dylan gaining 2nd in the 800m!
- KS3 sports opportunities in school with weekly lunch time and after school clubs led by professional coaches. Lunch time sessions are free, after school clubs available at a small cost. Anyone interested please see Mr Collins in H 120
- Wednesday – Year 8
- Thursday – Year 9
- Tennis Club: Tuesdays After School: Every Tuesday during summer term open to all from all years and all abilities. Come along and have some fun in the sun. Sessions end 4:45pm.
- Lunchtime and Afterschool External Sports Opportunities:
- Tuesday lunch: Basketball – Years 7/8
- Tuesday after school: Tennis – All years
- Wednesday after school: Athletics – All Years
- Wednesday after school: Indoor Football – Years 7/8/9
- Thursday lunch: Basketball – Years 9/10
- Thursday after school: Girls’ Tennis – Years 7/8/9
- Thursday after school: Rounders – All years
- Thursday after school: Cricket – All years
Years 10 and 11: Study and Revision Sessions
- Languages: additional support sessions for students in Year 10 and Year 11 until (until exams)
- Spanish: Tuesdays after school in H 022 15:25-16:10
- French: Monday lunchtimes (Week 1) & Wednesday lunch times (Week 2) in H 022 from 13:45-14:20 (can bring lunch)
- German: Tuesdays after-school in H 023 15:25-16:10
A reminder also that if you are part of the French Year 10 tutoring programme then you are also expected to attend on Tuesdays after-school in H 025 with Mrs Albans
From the Heart: Well-being Podcast
Check out our podcast discussions and meditations led by our Well-Being Practitioner Mrs Troughton is available from SoundCloud. New episode available on Monday – More on Failure : Taking risks and knowing yourself.