Issue 31: 19.05.2023
Coming Up This Week…
Year 8 Assessment Week: 22-26 May
- Year 8: 22-26 May
Year 11 Blended Study Leave
Examinations Period Timetable
The schedule for the school day continues to run during the external exams.
184 Bus Route Diversion: From 5 June
Closures on part of this route by Severn Trent. Roads and stops affected – Broad Lane & Coventry Road between Banner Lane roundabout & Spencer’s Lane. Bus will leave Eastern Green on Broad Lane and turn left onto Banner Lane at the roundabout. It will then turn right onto Tanner’s Lane and join onto Waste Lane. Two stops are affected – the Coventry Road Berkswell and Spencer’s Lane stops. Please link for route map.
The Lavender Hall Lane closure has been delayed to the 30 May – 24 June, this should not affect any bus stops.
Assessments Dates for Year 7 and 9
- Year 7: 12-16 June
- Year 9: 19-23 June
Half Term Break
- 29 May-02 June – School Closed
- INSET Day (Professional Development Day): Friday 7 July 2023 – School Closed to Students
Autumn Term Bus Passes: available for purchase from the 10 July
- Sales for Autumn Term bus passes will be available to purchase on ParentPay from the 10 July at 5pm.
- KS3 sports opportunities in school with weekly lunch time and after school clubs led by professional coaches. Lunch time sessions are free, after school clubs available at a small cost. Anyone interested please see Mr Collins in H 120
- Wednesday – Year 8
- Thursday – Year 9
- Tennis Club: Tuesdays After School: Every Tuesday during summer term open to all from all years and all abilities. Come along and have some fun in the sun. Sessions end 4:45pm.
- Lunchtime and Afterschool External Sports Opportunities:
- Tuesday – lunch Basketball Years 7/8
- Tuesday – after school Tennis All years
- Wednesday – after school Athletics All Years
- Wednesday – after school Indoor Football Years 7/8/9
- Thursday – lunch Basketball Years 9/10
- Thursday – after school Girls’ Tennis Years 7/8/9
- Thursday – after school Rounders All years
- Thursday – after school Cricket All years
Years 10 and 11: Study and Revision Sessions
- Geography: Tuesdays after school in M 033from 15:30 to 16:30
- Languages: additional support sessions for students in Year 10 and particularly Year 11 until the Year 11 exams
- Spanish: Tuesdays after school in H 022 from 15:25-16:10
- French: Monday lunchtimes (Week 1) & Wednesday lunch times (Week 2) in H 022 from 13:45-14:20 (can bring lunch)
- German: Tuesdays after-school in H 023 from 15:25-16:10
A reminder also that if you are part of the French Year 10 tutoring programme then you are also expected to attend on Tuesdays after-school in H 025 with Mrs Albans
- English Afterschool Sessions: teachers are keen to help support your revision and are running sessions. Covering gaps in your learning and model revising at home. Letter have been sent about sessions. We look forward to seeing you there!
Sixth Form Revision
- Year 12 Maths Revision (Two Weeks)
- Wednesday: afterschool Mrs Winiecka H 121
- Thursday: 7.30—8.30 Mr Wilde H 111
- Thursday: lunchbreak Mr Collins H120
- Year 13 Maths Revision
- Maths Revision Day: 23 May Tuesday
- Equalistars: All Year Groups – Just a reminder that our LGBTQ+ Alliance meets every Tuesday lunchtime in H024. Bring your lunch
- Chamber Choir: Rehearsals start back on Monday 22 May
From the Heart: Well-being Podcast
Check out our podcast discussions and meditations led by our Well-Being Practitioner Mrs Troughton is available from SoundCloud. New Calm and Why Things Happen episodes added this week.