Issue 29: 05.05.2023
Coming Up This Week…
- School is closed for the Coronation Bank Holiday
Community, Inclusion and Making a Difference
- Bank Holiday: Monday 8 May 2023 – School Closed
- INSET Day (Professional Development Day): Friday 7 July 2023 – School Closed to Students
Examinations Period Timetable from 15 May
Beginning 15 May the schedule for the school day will be the following (start and end time are the same):
- 08:55: Start
- 08:55 – 09:20: Tutor Time
- 09:20 – 10:20: Period 1
- 10:20 – 11:20: Period 2
- 11:20 – 11:45: Break
- 11:45 – 12:45: Period 3
- 12:45 – 13:25: Lunch
- 13:25 – 14:25: Period 4
- 14:25 – 15:25: Period 5
- 15:25: Finish
Any uniform donations will be gratefully received by school. Drop off any donations to the Finance office(M 102).
Mobile Phone Donation
We are looking for donations of good, working smart phones to replace the ones we have for use on school trips. If you have any spare/old smart phones that are in good condition, they would be gratefully received. Please bring them to finance or to your tutor.
- An opportunity for all KS3 students keen to play more sport in school with weekly lunchtime and or afterschool clubs led by professional coaches. Lunchtime sessions are free, afterschool clubs will be available at a small cost – details to follow. Sessions involve a variety of activities including ball games and racket sports. Anyone interested please see Mr Collins in H 120
- Wednesday – Year 8
- Thursday – Year 9
- Tennis Club: Tuesdays After School: Every Tuesday during summer term open to all from all years and all abilities. Come along and have some fun in the sun. Sessions end 4:45pm.
- Lunchtime and Afterschool External Sports Opportunities:
- Tuesday Lunchtime: Year 7/8 Basketball
- Tuesday Afterschool: Year 8 Boys’ IndoorFootball (trainers and shinpads required)
- Thursday Lunchtime: Year 9/10 Basketball
- Thursday Afterschool: All years girls’ IndoorFootball (trainers and shinpads required)
NEA for Year 10 students: Health and Social Care
- A number of Y10 students will be missing from P1 – 4 lessons on Tuesday as they will be completing controlled assessment work – full list to follow and apologies for any disruption.
Years 10 and 11: Study and Revision Sessions
- Geography: Tuesdays after school in M 033from 15:30 to 16:30
- History: Wednesdays after school in M 115 from 15:30 to 16:30
- Languages: additional support sessions for students in Year 10 and particularly Year 11 until the Year 11 exams
- Spanish: Tuesdays after school in H 022 from 15:25-16:10
- French: Monday lunchtimes (Week 1) & Wednesday lunch times (Week 2) in H 022 from 13:45-14:20 (can bring lunch)
- German: Tuesdays after-school in H 023 from 15:25-16:10
A reminder also that if you are part of the French Year 10 tutoring programme then you are also expected to attend on Tuesdays after-school in H 025 with Mrs Albans
- English Afterschool Sessions: teachers are keen to help support your revision and are running sessions. Covering gaps in your learning and model revising at home. Letter have been sent about sessions. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Maths Revision Sessions:
- Tuesday after school: Mrs Winiecka (Higher) H121
- Weds lunchtime: Ms Hamilton (Higher) H 118, Mr Collins (Higher 7-9) H120
- Weds after school: Mrs Hetherton (Higher 7-9) H120
- Weds after school: Mrs Winiecka (Foundation) H121
- Thurs after school: Ms Case(Foundation) H110
- Religious Studies revision sessions – All Years Welcome:
- Tuesdays, 3.30-4.30pm: Ms Whittock M 027. Bring any worries, concerns or topics you want to go over (can be paper 1 or 2). Tuesday 9 May last revision session before the paper 1 exam on Monday 15 May.
Year 13 Maths Revision
- Tues before school: Mr Collins H 120
From the Heart: Well-being Podcast
Check out our podcast discussions and meditations led by our Well-Being Practitioner Mrs Troughton is available from SoundCloud. New topics every week.