Issue 27: 21.04.2023
Coming Up This Week…
Year 10 Prefect Applications: Deadline – Friday 28 April
An opportunity for students wishing to make a valuable contribution to school life, represent our school and add to their CV by being a prefect. Read the job description here and see if it’s for you and then apply using the online application form. Deadline: Friday 28 April 12.00pm and interviews week beginning 15 May 2023.
A letter has been sent out to parents/carers regarding strike action due to take place on Thursday 27 April and Tuesday 2 May. A PDF verion of the letter available here.
- Bank Holiday: Monday 8 May 2023 – School Closed
- INSET Day (Professional Development Day): Friday 7 July 2023 – School Closed to Students
New lunch and break menus are available from our catering service. PDF version available here.
Any uniform donations will be gratefully received by school. Drop off any donations to the Finance office(M 102).
Mobile Phone Donation
We are looking for donations of good, working smart phones to replace the ones we have for use on school trips. If you have any spare/old smart phones that are in good condition, they would be gratefully received. Please bring them to finance or to your tutor.
A new opportunity for all KS3 students keen to play more sport in school with weekly lunchtime and or afterschool clubs led by professional coaches. Lunchtime sessions are free, afterschool clubs will be available at a small cost – details to follow. Sessions involve a variety of activities including ball games and racket sports. Anyone interested please see Mr Collins in H 120
- Wednesday – Year 8
- Thursday – Year 9
Lunchtime and Afterschool External Sports Opportunities
- Tuesday Lunchtime: Year 7/8 Basketball
- Tuesday Afterschool: Year 8 Boys’ IndoorFootball (trainers and shinpads required)
- Thursday Lunchtime: Year 9/10 Basketball
- Thursday Afterschool: All years girls’ IndoorFootball (trainers and shinpads required)
Years 10 and 11: Study and Revision Sessions
- History: Wednesdays after school in M 115 from 15:30 to 16:30
- Languages: additional support sessions for students in Year 10 and particularly Year 11 until the Year 11 exams
- Spanish: Tuesdays after school in H 022 from 15:25-16:10
- French: Monday lunchtimes (Week 1) & Wednesday lunch times (Week 2) in H 022 from 13:45-14:20 (can bring lunch)
- German: Tuesdays after-school in H 023 from 15:25-16:10
A reminder also that if you are part of the French Year 10 tutoring programme then you are also expected to attend on Tuesdays after-school in H 025 with Mrs Albans
- English Afterschool Sessions: With exams fast approaching, teachers are keen to help support you in your revision and are running sessions starting first week after Half-Term. We will go through gaps in your learning and model how to best revise at home. Parents/carers have been sent letters about these sessions. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Maths Revision Sessions:
- Tuesday after school: Mrs Winiecka (Higher) H121
- Weds lunchtime: Ms Hamilton (Higher) H 118, Mr Collins (Higher 7-9) H120
- Weds after school: Mrs Hetherton (Higher 7-9) H120
- Weds after school: Mrs Winiecka (Foundation) H121
- Thurs after school: Dr Pascal (Higher) H112
All students were given 2 Past Papers (June 2018) (Easter Homework) to complete over Easter Holidays.
- Religious Studies revision sessions – All Years Welcome:
- Tuesdays, 3.30-4.30pm: Ms Whittock M 027. Focus for next session – Christian practices and exam technique.
Year 13 Maths Revision
- Tues before school: Mr Collins H 120
- Friday after school: Week 1 Dr Pascal (H 112), Week 2 Mrs Winiecka (H 120)
From the Heart: Well-being Podcast
Check out our podcast discussions and meditations led by our Well-Being Practitioner Mrs Troughton is available from SoundCloud. New topics every week.
- Web Edition
- PDF Edition