Issue 25: 24.03.2023
Coming Up This Week…
Year 11 Geography Field Trip
From Tuesday 28-30 March.
Spring Concert: 30 March from 7.00pm
Join us for student performances for the Spring Concert in the main hall. Everyone welcome. Ticket available online.
Student ID Cards
New ID cards should now be collected from the Finance Office M 102. Order replacement cards from ParentPay.
Bus Passes: 180, 181, 184
Passes for the 180,181 and 184 have nearly sold out. Purchase a pass this week ready for next term.
A new opportunity for all KS3 students keen to play more sport in school with weekly lunchtime and or afterschool clubs led by professional coaches. Lunchtime sessions are free, afterschool clubs will be available at a small cost – details to follow. Sessions involve a variety of activities including ball games and racket sports. Anyone interested please see Mr Collins in H 120
- Wednesday – Year 8
- Thursday – Year 9
Lunchtime and After School External Sports Opportunities
- Tuesday Lunchtime: Year 7/8 Basketball
- Tuesday Afterschool: Year 8 Boys’ IndoorFootball (trainers and shinpads required)
- Thursday Lunchtime: Year 9/10 Basketball
- Thursday Afterschool: All years girls’ IndoorFootball (trainers and shinpads required)
Easter Eggs for Young Carers
We are supporting Balsall Common Lions in collecting Easter Egg donations for the 700 plus young carers in Solihull. Donations can be dropped off in Pastoral before Wednesday 29 March. Your support is hugely appreciated.
Year 11 Prom Payment Deadline: 1 April
Final payment for Prom is due by the 1 April 2023. Consent forms for the yearbook and Prom must be handed in by the 31 March.
Spring Break: 3 April-14 April
3 April-14 April. Back to school Monday 17 April. Calendar.
Years 7, 8 and 9 Creative Writing Competition: Deadline Wednesday 19 April
After our inspiring author visit from Lauren James, I’m sure many of you are keen to get creative and write-up some of the ideas you had in the workshop. You don’t have to have been part of this workshop to enter. Task: Write a short story that uses science within its plot. Prizes include a copy of Lauren James’ new book, some goodies, and a £10 Amazon Voucher. Happy Writing! For more information, see Miss Goodwin in M 124 at break or lunch time. Lauren James visit blog post…
Years 10 and 11: Study and Revision Sessions
- History: Wednesdays after school in M 115 from 15:30 to 16:30
- Languages: additional support sessions for students in Year 10 and particularly Year 11 until the Year 11 exams
- Spanish: Tuesdays after school in H 022 from 15:25-16:10
- French: Monday lunchtimes (Week 1) & Wednesday lunch times (Week 2) in H 022 from 13:45-14:20 (can bring lunch)
- German: Tuesdays after-school in H 023 from 15:25-16:10
A reminder also that if you are part of the French Year 10 tutoring programme then you are also expected to attend on Tuesdays after-school in H 025 with Mrs Albans
- English Afterschool Sessions: With exams fast approaching, teachers are keen to help support you in your revision and are running sessions starting first week after Half-Term. We will go through gaps in your learning and model how to best revise at home. Parents/carers have been sent letters about these sessions. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Maths Revision Sessions:
- Monday lunchtime: Mr Haidari(Foundation) H 119
- Tuesday after school: Mrs Winiecka(Higher) H 121
- Wednesday lunchtime: Ms Hamilton(Higher) H 118, Mr Collins (Higher 7-9) H 120
- Wednesday after school: Mrs Hetherton(Higher 7-9) H 120
- Wednesday after school: Mrs Winiecka(Higher) H 121
- Thursday lunchtime: Mr Haidari(Foundation) H 119
- Thursday after school: Dr Pascal(Higher) H 112
- Religious Studies revision sessions – All Years Welcome:
- Tuesdays, 3.30-4.30pm: Ms Whittock M 027. Focus for next session – Paper 1 Muslim practices
Year 13 Maths Revision
- Tues before school: Mr Collins H 120
- Friday after school: Week 1 Dr Pascal (H 112), Week 2 Mrs Winiecka (H 120)