Issue 22: 03.03.2023
Coming Up This Week…
Legally Blonde: 7-9 March, 7.30pm – Tickets Selling Fast!
- School Show: Legally Blonde: 7-9 March, 7.30pm. Tickets from £4.50 available online only.
Thursday show almost sold out. Ticket only – no walk ins allowed on the day.
Student Council: Legally Blonde Cupcake Competition
Bake six cupcakes and decorate on the theme of the musical Legally Blonde. Bring in your submissions on Tuesday 7 March.
Remember our cupcake competition next week! Get baking this weekend and create six Legally Blonde themed cupcakes. Deliver your bakes before school/during tutor time to Conference Room 1.
Summer Bus Passes on Sale from 10 March at 17:00
Summer Bus Passes for the 180, 181, 184 will be on sale on ParentPay on the 10 March 5pm.
Year 7 Parents’/Carers’ Evening: 14 March from 16:00
Appointments from 4pm – 7pm. Slots are 4 minutes long with main class teacher. Bookings open from 08:00 on 7 March and close at 14:00 on 14 March 2023. Pre-booking is required for this online event on SchoolCloud.
Year 8 Parents’/Carers’ Evening: 23 March from 16:00
Appointments from 16:00-19:00. Slots are 5 minutes long with main class teacher. Bookings open from 08:00 on 9 March and close at 14:00 on 23 March 2023. Pre-booking is required for this online event on SchoolCloud.
Year 9 Vaccinations: 14 March
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio and Meningitis vaccinations will take place on Tuesday 14 March 2023.
KS3 Author Visit: Tuesday 14 March
Reminder that there are still spaces for the Lauren James visit. The sessions will run either P1, 2 or 3 on this day. See Miss Goodwin or Mrs Mansfield for details. Book on ParentPay.
Poetry Club: Workshop 16 March 16:00-18:00
An exciting Workshop opportunity run by the poet Matt Windle www.poetrywithpunch.com. 16 March at Balsall Common Library.
Independent Advisory Group for Solihull: Saturday 18 March 14:00
Students interested in getting involved with the Independent Advisory Group (IAG) for Solihull – a self-governing group made up of people from local communities providing independent advice to the police. The first meeting Saturday 18 March at 14:00 at Solihull police station will focus on Stop and Search procedures with some live training. Letters available this week from Mrs Henton.
Professional Development Day: Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Professional Development Day – School Closed to Students
Easter Eggs for Young Carers
We are supporting Balsall Common Lions in collecting Easter Egg donations for the 700 plus young carers in Solihull. Donations can be dropped off in Pastoral before Wednesday 29 March. Your support is hugely appreciated.
Year 11 Prom Payment Deadline: 1 April
The final payment for the Prom is due by the 1 April 2023 and consent forms for the yearbook and Prom must be handed in by the 31 March.
Years 10 and 11: Study and Revision Sessions
- Languages: additional support sessions for students in Year 10 and particularly Year 11 until the Year 11 exams.
- Spanish: Tuesdays after school in H 022 from 15:25-16:10
- French: Monday lunchtimes (Week 1) & Wednesday lunch times (Week 2) in H 022 from 13:45-14:20 (can bring lunch)
- German: Tuesdays after-school in H 023 from 15:25-16:10
A reminder also that if you are part of the French Year 10 tutoring programme then you are also expected to attend on Tuesdays after-school in H 025 with Mrs Albans
- English Afterschool Sessions: With exams fast approaching, teachers are keen to help support you in your revision and are running sessions starting first week after Half-Term. In these sessions we will go through gaps in your learning and also model how you can best revise at home. Parents have been sent communications home regarding these sessions. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Mr Hawkins Monday H 126
- Mr Karimjee Thursday M 217
- Miss Goodwin Wednesday M 124
- Mr O’Brien Wednesday M 201
Please continue to drop off unwanted school uniform at Reception for us to reuse. We need large boys’ trousers, blazers and ties. Donations from Year 11s after they leave this summer would be gratefully received.