Issue 21: 17.02.2023
Coming Up This Week…
Half Term Break: 20-24 February
- Monday 20 February to Friday 24 February 2023. Term Dates webpage
- Back on Monday 27 February
Industrial Action: 1 March 2023 – School Closed to Years 7 to 11
The NEU teaching union has declared strike action which is due to take place on 1 March 2023. Following an updated detailed risk assessment that takes into account projected staff absence, the school will only be open on 1 March to students in Years 12 and 13. All other year groups will remain at home and can access ongoing provision online via sites that we subscribe to. We apologise for the disruption this may cause to the education of our students and to your normal routines. Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding. See recent letter for more details.
Legally Blonde: 7-9 March, 7.30pm – Tickets Selling Fast!
- School Show: Legally Blonde: 7-9 March, 7.30pm. Tickets from £4.50 available online only.
Thursday show almost sold out. Ticket only – no walk ins allowed on the day.
Student Council: Legally Blonde Cupcake Competition
Bake six cupcakes and decorate on the theme of the musical Legally Blonde. Bring in your submissions on Tuesday 7 March.
Summer Bus Passes on Sale
Summer Bus Passes for the 180, 181, 184 will be on sale on ParentPay on the 10 March 5pm.
Year 9 Parents’/Carers’ Evening: 28 February from 4.00pm
Appointments from 4pm – 7pm. Slots are 4 minutes long with main class teacher. Bookings close 2.00pm on 28 February 2023. Pre-booking is required for this online event on SchoolCloud.
Year 7 Parents’/Carers’ Evening: 14 March from 4.00pm
Appointments from 4pm – 7pm. Slots are 4 minutes long with main class teacher. Bookings open from 7 March and close 2.00pm on 14 March 2023. Pre-booking is required for this online event on SchoolCloud.
Professional Development Day: Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Professional Development Day – School Closed to Students
Year 8 Parents’/Carers’ Evening: 23 March from 4.00pm
Appointments from 4pm – 7pm. Slots are 5 minutes long with main class teacher. Bookings open from 9 March and close 2.00pm on 23 March 2023. Pre-booking is required for this online event on SchoolCloud.
Years 10 and 11: Study and Revision Sessions
- Languages: additional support sessions for students in Year 10 and particularly Year 11 until the Year 11 exams.
- Spanish: Tuesdays after school in H 022 from 15:25-16:10
- French: Monday lunchtimes (Week 1) & Wednesday lunch times (Week 2) in H 022 from 13:45-14:20 (you may bring lunch)
- German: Tuesdays after-school in H 023 from 15:25-16:10
A reminder also that if you are part of the French Year 10 tutoring programme then you are also expected to attend on Tuesdays after-school in H 025 with Mrs Albans
- English Afterschool Sessions: With exams fast approaching, teachers are keen to help support you in your revision and are running sessions starting first week after Half-Term. In these sessions we will go through gaps in your learning and also model how you can best revise at home. Parents have been sent communications home regarding these sessions. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Mr Hawkins Monday H 126
- Mr Karimjee Thursday M 217
- Miss Goodwin Wednesday M 124
- Mr O’Brien Wednesday M 201
Balsall Common Bugle and Meriden Mag: Spring 2023 Issues
See our pages in The Bugle (from 18 February) and the Meriden Mag (from 25 February) delivered to local homes in Balsall Common (the Bugle) Meriden (Meriden Mag) and available from local businesses and community facilities.
From the Heart: Well-being Podcast
A new series of podcast discussions and meditations led by our Well-Being Practitioner Mrs Troughton is available from SoundCloud. New topics every week.