Issue 20: 10.02.2023
Coming Up This Week…
Year 7 and 8 – Bin Sticker Competition: Deadline Tuesday 14 February
Remember – all entries to Mrs Henton by Tuesday 14 February. Great chance to get your artwork displayed in a public place! Read our blog post about this…
Virtual Apprenticeship Assembly: Tuesday 14 February
Next Tuesday 14 February – all years will have a Live Virtual Apprenticeship assembly – more details to follow.
Catering: Valentine’s Menu: Tuesday 14 February
A special menu for 14 February is being offered by the catering service. Choices include hot and spicy chicken wings, veggie nuggets, spicy sriracha coleslaw and jammy heart shortbread biscuits.
Year 12 Parents’/Carers’ Evening: 15 February from 4.00pm
Appointments from 4pm – 7pm. Slots are 6 minutes long and for shared classes with the teacher who carries responsibility for the class or teaches them most often. Bookings close 2.00pm on 15 February 2023. Pre-booking is required for this online event on SchoolCloud.
Year 9 Options Morning: 15 February
Taster day for Year 9 students to try out optional subjects before making their Key stage 4 choices.
Year 9 HPV Vaccinations: 16-17 February
Second dose of HPV vaccinations for Year 9 students.
First Matches for Year 8 Netball Team
Well done to the Year 8 netball team who played their first matches on Thursday at Lighthall school. Four matches played overall against Tudor Grange, St Peters, Lighthall and Langley. Ella, Eva, Olivia, Lauren (MVP), Emily, Grace, Anya (MVP x 2)
From Monday morning the 825 will resume starting the route from St Peter’s Lane at Bickenhill. This will be the far end of St Peter’s Lane (the end nearest to the Airport) as it used to be originally. Be there at 07:55 prompt.
Half Term Break
- Monday 20 February to Friday 24 February 2023. Term Dates webpage
- Back on Monday 27 February
School Show: Legally Blonde: 7-9 March, 7.30pm
The school show this year is the musical Legally Blonde. Tickets from £4.50 available online only.
Professional Development Day: Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Professional Development Day – School Closed to Students
Years 10 and 11: Study and Revision Sessions
- Languages: additional support sessions for students in Year 10 and particularly Year 11 until the Year 11 exams.
- Spanish: Tuesdays after school in H 022 from 15:25-16:10
- French: Monday lunchtimes (Week 1) & Wednesday lunch times (Week 2) in H 022 from 13:45-14:20 (you may bring lunch)
- German: Tuesdays after-school in H 023 from 15:25-16:10
A reminder also that if you are part of the French Year 10 tutoring programme then you are also expected to attend on Tuesdays after-school in H 025 with Mrs Albans
- English Afterschool Sessions: Thursdays 3.30pm: The days are getting lighter, time to illuminate your understanding of English Literature. So visit Karimjee’s afterschool sessions on Thursdays. Family poems and/or Macbeth to start with. Bring a snack. Let me know if there is something you really want to recap, ideally beforehand. Room M 217 30-4.30pmYear 12
From the Heart: Well-being Podcast
A new series of podcast discussions and meditations led by our Well-Being Practitioner Mrs Troughton is available from SoundCloud. New topics every week.