Issue 03: 22.09.2023
Coming Up This Week…
Lockers for Years 8 and 9 Students
Lockers for Years 8 and 9 students will be available to purchase through ParentPay on Friday the 22 September.
2023 Open Evening: Wednesday 27 September
For those seeking to join us for Year 7 in September 2024 – an opportunity to come and see our offer for your child and experience the atmosphere and warmth of Heart of England School. Creating Futures.
Early Closure for Open Evening: Wednesday 27 September
School will close at 12.30 to get ready for Open Day on Wednesday 27 September. Early buses at 12.35
Timetable for the day:
- 55 – 09.05 Registration
- 05 – 10.05 Period 1
- 05 – 11.05 Period 2
- 05 – 11.30 Brunch
- 30 -12.30 Period 3
- 30 – Finish
- 35 – Early buses
Student Council Elections: Application Deadline – 28 September
To apply write 120 or less on why you would be a good representative for students at Heart of England. Include a slogan to summarise what you stand for. No names or year groups to be mentioned. Email Mrs Henton – email@example.com
- Friday 29 September – INSET Day (Professional Development Day) School Closed to Students
Visit the calendar page for term dates.
Flu Vaccination Forms: Years 7-11
Years 7 to Year 11 have been given flu vaccination forms to return. The vaccination date is 11 October 2023
Careers Fair 12 October 2023: Years 9 to 13
This year’s Careers Fair will be held on the 12 October from 6pm-8pm in the Main Hall. Directed to Years 9 to 13 students.
We also need volunteers from any career pathway to help out to speak to individual students about their career/how they got into it/qualifications needed etc. and answer questions. If you can help, please contact: Ms Williams for more information or complete the Microsoft Form to attend https://forms.office.com/e/drmAcwCgbR.
- Homework Club every Thursday- in M216- from 3.30-5pm- starting from Thursday 14 September
- Book Club– M124- every Tuesday lunchtime- starting from 12 September
- Key Stage 4 Book Club: Want to get good GCSE grades in English and become a more accomplished reader? Advanced book club for years 10 and 11 will run during Tuesday lunch times in M125. Details from Mr O’Brien or Ms Shannon
- Poetry and Creative Writing Club: Open to all years in M125 with either Ms Shannon or Mr O’Brien
- Radio Club: want to be on the school radio? Join Radio Club Tuesday/Thursday M215. Mr Ritchie
- Garden Club: Tuesday lunchtimes, meeting initially in M035 starting on September 19
- School Newspaper Club: every Friday lunch time in M125
- All Year Netball: Netball resumes this Thursday after school in the sports hall/new changing rooms – all welcome
- Equalistars: Club for students who identify as LGBT+ and allies – meet in H024 every Tuesday
- Term Commences: Monday 4 September 2023
- Friday 29 September – INSET Day (Professional Development Day) – School Closed to Students
- Half-Term: Monday 30 October to Friday 3 November 2023
- Term Ends: Friday 22 December 2023