May Bank Holiday: Monday 2 May
- Monday 2 May is a Bank Holiday and school is closed.
Digital Detox and Hoodies Reminder
Mr Bennett has been reminding students this week of the continuation of the Digital Detox which is a permanent existing school policy and that hoodies seen in school will also be confiscated and can be retrieved at the end of the school day.
The Spring Concert marks the recommencement of live school concerts on Thursday 12 May, 7pm. Adults £4 Children £3. Main Hall (011), everyone welcome.
Reminder: Meadway Coaches now run the Claribel Bus routes
182,183 and 825 bus services. These services are now provided by Meadway Coaches. The timetables will remain the same and the current passes that students hold will be valid on these services.
People in Crisis/Collection for Refugees
On 5 May Year 8 will have a visit from someone who works in a refugee centre to talk about their work. Students in all years have been given a list of essential items which anyone can donate to help out with this much needed work. Items will be collected during tutor time. See Miss Goodwin for more details.
Author Visit –Open to Year 7 and 8
Celebrated author Jo Cotterill will be visiting school on Wednesday 18 May 2022 to give three workshops centred around writing creatively. A great opportunity some Year 7 and Year 8 students to meet a real-life author! Only 90 places so first come, first served. Details have been emailed to parents/carers. Voluntary contribution of £5.50 made payable via ParentPay. See Mrs Mansfield or Miss Goodwin for further details
Years 10 to 13 Jaguar Landrover Careers Event
- Monday 16 May – 5pm – 6pm Insight to Jaguar Land Rover
- Click the following link to register: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JLR-Event
Join the talk to hear about the fascinating motor industry and learn from some of the world’s leading engineering minds in the industry.
Year 11 Revision Sessions and Exams News
- Maths Revision Sessions: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 3.30 – 4.30pm in H118 & H120. Foundation and Higher tiers catered for so come along for as many or few as you can manage.
- History – Wednesday 15:30-16:30:Mrs Hunt will be holding History revision sessions on Wednesdays after school running up until the exams. Room M115. We will be revising in order Medicine, Germany and Cold War (Conflict and Tension).
- Religious Studies – Mondays 15:30-16:30:Ms Whittock will be holding RS revision sessions on Mondays after school running up until the exam. Room M027 3.30 – 4.30pm
- English After school Revision Sessions -Thursdays 15:35-16:30: Are you traumatised by all the blood and death in Macbeth? If this triggered a fear response in you (so much that you didn’t understand the play) then Mr Karimjee will be offering Macbeth counselling sessions in M217 afterschool on Thursdays. Don’t suffer in silence. Sessions run from 3.35-4.30pm.
- English Revision Sessions – Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 15:25 – 16:30: in M125 for the next 5 school weeks – which is all you have left. Mrs McLarnon will take requests in of what we revise but focus on literature up until Easter. Macbeth, unseen poetry or An Inspector Calls. Just turn up.
Year 11 Exams News
- GCSE German Speaking Exams: 4 May
- GCSE French Speaking Exams: 11 May