Number three in Miss Troughton’s Well-Being thoughts for us:
Ideas to help
De-stress and unwind. Sleep well.
- After an evening bath or shower, lie down with a rolled up towel or pillow under your knees. Close your eyes.
- Breathe in through your nose to the count of four and slowly breathe out. Imagine your out breath is releasing all of your tension and stress. Do this ten times.
- Place your fingers on your head and give your scalp a massage. This will feel pleasant and also remove stressful feelings.
- Very gently tap your face all over – paying extra attention to the area between your eyebrows. This is extremely relaxing and should help you have a really cosy sleep.
- When you go to bed spend a couple of minutes being grateful for the people who have taken care of you, for everything in your life, the stars, the sunshine, the trees. Through being positive you will notice your life changing.
- And finally if you are having a conflict with anyone in your life then repeat to yourself the old Hawaiian prayer… ‘I love you, I’m sorry, forgive me as I forgive you, and thank you.’
Stay safe. Keep your distance. Be kind.