- 37.5 hours per week, term time only; willing to consider full-time or job share
- Band C £21,968 to £25,409 pro rata
We have an opportunity to appoint a confident, caring and enthusiastic person to be our Community Safety Officer. The role is wide-ranging and will require the applicant to be a friendly, constant presence around the school site, with the safety of students, staff and visitors as a priority.
By supporting the Leadership and Pastoral teams, the applicant will promote school values and support dealing with, and investigating, behaviour incidents. Working under the direction of the Designated Safeguarding Lead, the applicant will undertake an important role in supporting the safeguarding team. The school operates in a close-knit community, and this role will require the applicant to liaise with local stakeholders and neighbours in the village regarding road safety, transport and behaviour issues. This is an active job that will require movement around the school site throughout the working day.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good evidence of educational qualification. At least 4 G.C.S.E’s including English and Maths or equivalent
- A First Aid qualification
- Experience of using Microsoft Office Applications
- An understanding of child safeguarding requirements.
Experience of working in a police, community safety or armed forces role would be a particular advantage.
Heart of England School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post requires an enhanced DBS check.
The process of application is as follows:
- Completed application form
- A letter outlining your suitability for the post
Principal: J Hughes-Williams
Heart of England School
Tel: 01676 535222